You need to be brave to be an artist. And, most of us have been running away from our art.
Art is not only paint brushes and clay. Art is the original work of your life. It is the work that you must do, or, you die on the inside.
Deep down, we are all artist.
I don’t have to explain it to you. You know when you are creating art, because . . .
You feel the rush of joy when you create.
You also feel the pressure of anxiety when you are “just working.”
People don’t go after their art, because it scares them.
Seth Godin says that we have all been lied to. And, most of us have bought into the lie.
What is the lie?
- You are not an artist.
- Art is not worth making.
- Art is reserved for the creatively elite.
- Art is only for certain mediums.
- Art leads to a life of sin and pain.
- Art leads to the poverty house.
These are all lies.
What is the truth of art?
- You are an artist.
- The world needs your art.
- You are creative in ways that no one else can be.
- Art can be produced on any medium, and anywhere.
- Art leads to joy and satisfaction.
- Art rewards us all.
How do you get in the art pool?
Start by sticking your toe in the water.
This Friday, 02.08.2013, I will be recording a podcast with 2 other artist:
We will be Exploring How to Be an Artist, and discussing the Icarus Deception.
Let you voice be heard!
Leave a question for us to answer.
Share your experience about creating your art.
We will address them for you on the show. The show will air on 02.13.2013 (My Birthday!)