We all have things in our life, that if exposed, would bring great pain and shame. – Max Lucado
Those words hit me square between the eyes. Being exposed by an accuser is a fear I had to face in early 2010.
I was being sued by a large company, and it was frightening. I won’t go into details, out of respect to our agreement. But, I will share with you what to expect if you ever face accusation.
The worst part about a lawsuit is the shame of being exposed by your accuser.
Exposing is not limited to the details of the case. You can be innocent, or guilty of the charges. It doesn’t really matter. Because, you are guilty of something. Even if not what the accuser brings to the table.
It is the job of the accusers to win the case for their client. This means the opposition goes on a quest to win. Often the best strategy is to wear the other person out.
How your opposition wins:
- Prove the case through pure evidence. This can be a long process.
- Win the case by causing doubt about the person’s credibility; and support it with evidence.
- Strong hold the other person into quitting.
- Shame the other person into quitting.
- Do all of the above
A healthy legal strategy is to do all of the above. If your resolve begins to weaken, you are close to losing. The opposition is closer to winning.
This will happen every time you are being accused. Your shame will be brought to the table.
Do you want to know why? (Stop reading if you don’t want to hear about the truth of good and evil.)
There is a real force of evil called the Devil. He is also known as the great accuser. His job is to whisper accusations, and cause shame in the lives of God’s Children.
When you are being attacked, you will know it by the following:
- Sins you struggle with call you.
- The past you’re running from will resurface.
- Feelings of being a fraud will press on you.
- Shame will keep you from connecting with people.
- Guilt will keep you awake at night.
Shame is a vicious enemy of a free people. We all need to know how to shake off the burdens of our accusers.
In the next post you will learn how to overcome the shame brought forth by your accuser. Please join us.
Also, enter to win the signed copy of Grace by Max Lucado by:
- Sharing this in your own way. (Tweet, Facebook, email, print off, your call. Complete honor system.)
- Filling out the form below. New and Existing Subscribers are eligible.